10 Reasons to Love Trams
- Trams are a cheap date. For the cost of one bus tour you can buy a week of tram tripping.
- Trams are friendly. If you get lost, they will always take you back to where you started. No questions asked.
- There’s something about trams. People are friendlier on trams than on buses. Maybe, it’s because they not concentrating on hanging because trams are a smooth ride.
- I love how trams in the space of one narrow lane can carry 8 lanes of car people.
- I love how you can sit in a café beside a tram line and they don’t blow fumes in your faces.
- Cities with trams are cities with history. (Today, going to visit the tram museum in Vienna.)
- Streets with trams are cheerier than those without. They have more pedestrians, more cafes, more shops. In short, a hunk of moving metal on rails civilizes a city. Magical!
- The best ice cream in the entire world can be found at a tram transfer stop in Vienna.
- I feel virtuous on a tram because outside of my feet and a bicycle, trams are the cheapest, most enduring form of urban transit ever invented; that’s why North American car manufacturers closed them down. So when I ride a tram I’m participating in a little urban anarchy. I like that.
- A little disclosure needed here. I was seduced by a Wellington Street tram in Ottawa when I was ten years old . It took me to the movies downtown and the beach at Britannia….no questions asked.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink